I’m a few days late on my bucket list review. I’m not one for New Year’s Resolutions. I’ve made and broke enough of those to not trust myself with nonsense like that.
A few years ago I decided to start a bucket list instead of making New Year’s Resolutions.I use this bucket list journal to document my memories. My son will have to read these memories to me when I am 100 years old and batty!
My number one bucket list item: Travel some place new every year. Growing up my Grandmother wouldn’t fly, so we drove from NY to Orlando, Florida every year and spent 2 weeks in Disney World. I love Disney, have amazing memories there, been there 20 plus times (lost count after a while), and will happily return, but I knew there was a great big world out there and I hadn’t seen it. Since then, I’ve been to Miami, Boston, Rhode Island, Vegas, St, Thomas, Bermuda, Barbados, Curacao, Aruba, St. Kitts, Mexico, and last year I took the most amazingly beautiful two and a half week trip to Italy. I spent a week in Sorrento with my job and then 10 days driving the Amalfi coast, then across Italy to Bari, where Dave’s family is from. I’ll post more on that later. I truly believe you learn more traveling than you ever will from a text book.
My bucket list looks something like this, no particular order
- Compete in Iron Man before I turn 40 (really should get moving on this one)
- Go Sky Diving
- Fly an F-16…this one will probably never happen, as I have horrible motion sickness
- Run a full marathon
- Go to Bora Bora and stay in an over water bungalow
- Go to Verona and see Juliet’s Balcony
- Learn another language
- Visit a new State, City, Island, and/or Country every year
- Get Beach Body Certified and Open a gym (this one made it on here when I used to work out 3 hours a day, should really start doing that again)
- Get Bachelors Degree
- Better control of my finances ( I would spend my last dollar on lipstick)
- Try something new every month
- Hike in a Rain Forrest
- Eat in The Grotto in Polignano A Mare
- Start a Blog
- Zip line
I’ve been lucky enough to check a few of these items off, in 2015 I Hiked a Rain Forrest in San Juan & Zip lined over Rain Forrest in St. Kitts, last year I ate in The Grotto Restaurant while in Polignano vacationing, I started a blog, and I’ve been visiting a new place every year since I started this list.
This year, I added “try something new every month”. January I will be learning calligraphy and/or hand-lettering…or at least try to.. My handwriting is awful, so this should be interesting. I’ll keep you posted on how this goes.
Shop my Bucket List Journal on Amazon for $19.95
Have fun creating your Bucket List!
XOXOX ~ B